Chimpanzees At Nyungwe National Park – 3 Days
Two species of chimpanzee occur in Africa. There is the Bonobo and the Common Chimpanzee Pan troglodytes (often shortened to Chimpanzee, and sometimes referred to as the Robust Chimpanzee). The largest remaining populations occur in central Africa (Gabon, DR Congo and Cameroon). About only 400 individuals, the population in Rwanda is an endangered one.
- You’ll go to Rwanda
- This tour starts and ends at Kigali International airport – Getting there & away
- You’ll visit Nyungwe National Park, National museum of Butare
- Activities: mountain gorilla tracking, bird watching, game drive, drives and walks, City Tour and Shopping, Canopy Walk
- Getting around: comfortable vehicles
- Good hotels
- Varied menu, cold lunches and hot diners.
- Equatorial climate (25 – 30°C). Nights can be fresh, mostly at high altitudes. High risk of rain in the Virunga region.
- Experienced English-speaking guide during the whole safari.
Kigali – Nyungwe National Park
0800hrs: You will be picked up from your Kigali Hotel and leave for Nyungwe National Park. It takes about 6 ½ hrs drive via Butare ; the second largest city of Rwanda and is regarded as the intellectual city of Rwanda. Visit the National museum of Butare which was donated in 1989 by the Belgium government with some ethnic collection, the design and concept all realized in co-operation with the Royal Museum for Central Africa of Tervuren; Belgium. Ethnographic objects are grouped together according to the theme giving premium information on the daily life.
Traditional ceramics and basketry are still manufactured and belong to the finest handicrafts of the region. The National Museum remained surprisingly untouched during the civil war in 1994. Nyungwe Forest National Park. Arrive at Gisakura Guest house for dinner and overnight.
This is a memorable day with primates. Take an early morning breakfast then drive to this park for the starting point of your chimpanzee trek. Two species of chimpanzee occur in Africa. There is the Bonobo and the Common Chimpanzee Pan troglodytes (often shortened to Chimpanzee, and sometimes referred to as the Robust Chimpanzee). The largest remaining populations occur in central Africa (Gabon, DR Congo and Cameroon). About only 400 individuals, the population in Rwanda is an endangered one. However; it should be mentioned that it is not guaranteed to see the chimps as they are unpredictable and can move long distances in one day. Nyungwe National Park is the largest block of montane forest in East and Central Africa and it is an incredibly rich area of biodiversity. Return to the Lodge for lunch, Dinner and overnight at Gisakura Guest House
Canopy Walk + Drive Back To Kigali
After breakfast you will proceed for the canopy walk which sets 50 meters above the ground with a 150meter walkway and is the first of its kind in East Africa and third on the continent after South Africa and Ghana. It allows visitors to see the forest from above the trees and be at eye level with birds and monkeys that inhabit the upper storeys of the forest. Return to the lodge for lunch drive back to Kigali and be transferred back to your Hotel.
Best Price (USD)
- Accommodation as stated in the itinerary
- English speaking guide
- Meals as per the program
- One gorilla permit
- All guide fees
- International flight and Entry Visa for Rwanda
- Travel insurance
- Drinks and dinning room tips
- Telephone bills, laundry and any itemof personal nature
- Activities not mentioned in the program